Ka-Blam prints my comic!

Friday, March 10, 2017

The Great Lakes Comic Con 2017

     Had a chance to go to The Great Lakes Comic Con and had a bit more fun then I thought! It reminded of my first con in Novi, Michigan. A bit smaller a bit more intimate but a lot more
to look at.
   There were a lot of 50 cent comics and a wide variety of DC and Marvel. I didn't see many independent comics beside the ones from indie comic guys that were there. There were some pushy indie creators super hungry for attention, but not many. Most were well enough behaved so I approached a booth or two to introduce myself and get to know them. I was wondering how big the con was going to be and thought it was only going to be a few isles. There were about 6 but with a lot of more merchandise. You can cover the con in one day but in two days you can get the whole thing in and it's only $15 for both days!
     I saw Jake the Snake Roberts but missed his lecture/presentation since I was tuckered out from all the walking the day before.
    The Great Lakes and Detroit Chapter Ghostbusters were there posing for pictures. Of course their uniforms and proton packs looked amazing. Their packs used the sound effects from the movie. There was an inflatable Stay-Puft Marshmellow man that was walking around and hugging everybody.
     There was an expert balloon sculptor that made a life-sized balloon man in about thirty minutes.
     You could learn new board games and play them.
     You could play old school arcade games for free! Play The Shadow pinball game!
     Yep, there was a lot to do in the college gymnasium. 
    Saw Tom Cook, who was an animator and director on He-Man, Super-Friends, and The Flinstones. Super-nice guy! He had some great stories about his days at Filmmation.
    The best thing for me is that it was only 10 minutes away! Go to the your local cons and support them. You don't have to pay for a hotel and a lot of gas. When a con is that close, you gotta go!

      
The old front entrance
 That's not me on the mic.

                                                        I'll post the name of this guy later...

                                                           Modified Ecto-1. Still cool.
                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment